Thursday, November 20, 2008

They did it

ABC has now officially cancelled two of my favorite shows, Pushing Daisies and Eli Stone.   I was really excited that they were taking chances with such quirky shows, however I guess it just didn't work.

Pushing Daisies is, without a doubt, my favorite show on television.  It's style is so visionary and it's dialogue is so fun.  Bryan Fuller says he is attempting to get a movie or a comic book pick up to finish the show off, which is awesome and I'll def. buy one, but its just not the same.  I won't be able to gush quite as much as I did say, in last nights episode when Chuck finally got to  talk to her Mom.  Its not that I don't believe in the power of the written word, because I am an English Major, I just have grown accustomed to the actors and getting to watch how everything unfolds ( I am also a film minor).  People keep saying that some other stations could always pick it up, or that it might come back next season.  All of that would be nice, but the chances are very slim in my opinion.  At least they got a chance to rewrite the final episode and possibly fix some loose threads.  I just hate getting so attached to a show and then have it get cancelled (before now it was Joan of Arcadia).  Oh well, heres to the Season 2 DVD and Comic Books!  I shall always support the vision.

Eli Stone, I was actually kind of expecting, even though it seems to have been the the biggest shock, along with Dirty Sexy Money.  I really enjoy the show, don't get me wrong.  I just think it was trying to accomplish more than it could at one time.  The whole thing with him and the rally at the end of last season...I wanted to see that play out....but its totally more long term than it had...unfortunately...And now I don't know its position in filming...so if it is done, then they cannot fix the ending like Pushing Daisies was prepared to do...I just hope Eli and Maggie get together....thats all I want.

Sad day....sad day.

(P.s. there is one good thing about today...even though it is now a little tainted...I'm going to the Twilight midnight release tonight!)

No comments: