Friday, April 23, 2010

Go Seth!

I cannot tell you how excited and glad I was at the announcement last night that Seth Aaron Henderson won Project Runway. Though I was very emotionally invested last season, since both Carol Hannah and Gordana were from Charleston, I think this season was the one I've cared about the most since I first tuned in for Season 4 with Christian Siriano.

Seth Aaron) I've been rooting for him pretty much the entire season. I only say pretty much because it takes a few weeks, because of the sheer number of contestants, to weed through them all and have opinions over them. I was won over, as assumedly a lot of viewers were, after that impeccable jacket for the child/adult challenge and I never looked back. I just love his aesthetic. I've never really been into fashion per say, because it used to bore me. I was never really interested in pretty things or popular things growing up, and that is what I perceived to be fashionable. I generally gravitate more towards the punk/rocker look. While I am starting to appreciate more in the way of other things, it used to piss me off to no end that makeover shows and what not would present an outfit for someone and call it punk, even though it really wasn't. Before I ramble for ages about all of this other stuff, the point is, I'm really excited to see work like Seth's. I love the colors, the fit, the detailing, and the "hardware." I heard on a radio interview he did that he would love to do a line for Target. I would be so down for that! Also, I just really love the fact that he seems to be a genuinely nice guy with a family who obviously loves him. He turned winning into a family thing, trying to teach his kids that if they work hard they can achieve anything, and talking about how it is going to change their lives and not just his life.

Mila Hermanovski) My feelings for Mila were varied throughout the season. Some things about her attitude I did not like, and I thought that she just kept doing the same concept over and over. As time went on I just realized that that was who she was and she wasn't changing. I still, however didn't really want her to be one of the ones at fashion week. I actually would have really wanted to see what Mia had in her had she not left the show. Overall I am not really complaining though. This dress I think was absolutely beautiful and I think they should have highlighted it more than some of her other stuff. I'm not huge on the oversized jackets and what not that hide a woman's figure. They were amazingly made though. As a person, I did learn to like her and realize she just had to relax for you to see the real her. I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked her after her family visit. The fact that she had a dalmatian was just perfect.









Emilio Sosa) I really liked some of his pieces over the season. He obviously has a good eye and good craftmanship since he pulled out all of those winners on the show. I just think his attitude got the best of him. He was so arrogant I just could not stand it. He assumed he had it in the bag and so he decided to go safe for the runway....but its a show, you have to bring it! I will say though that his dress is absolutely beautiful, and if he had made more stuff like this, I still would have been angry he won, since his attitude is so poor, but I would have respected the decision. This thing is a show stopper.

No comments: