Monday, April 6, 2009

more to come

I am in the middle of drowning in schoolwork...but hopefully once summer comes I can get back to this and my various other hobbies. Until then, here's a few pics of my first attempts at wood-burning.


The first one was my very first attempt. Its based off of the very last line from Edith Wharton's novel, The House of Mirth. The last chapter of that book is pure beauty. I really should have used a different tip when trying to do the words, but hey, thats why to practice, to learn.
The second one there was my birthday gift to my fiancé. It was only my second wood-burning and I was actually very impressed my how far I progressed with it. At the moment I am working on a pair of stools inspired by Pushing Daisie's Ned and Chuck relationship. I'll prob post some pics of the first one next time...it won't be quite finished, but I'm thinking its going to be a slow work in progress. This last pic is just something I found while working on my Chaucer paper. Its from an old edition of a children's Canterbury Tales. I just love the idea of that sort of relationship between Chaucer and his readers, no matter how altered the children's versions were. Also, its just kind of cute.


Cheers!